Saturday, July 20, 2019

USPC 2019

USPC just happened, and I am... not too happy with how I did. 125 if I got everything right but it seems like I got the count wrong, so 110 at best. Was hoping for 150 :/

I started with the Spot the Differences puzzle for some easy points after the puzzles didn't print for 10 minutes, then started working through in order, solving the first 6 on good pace. Skipped the Regional Fences and Kropki Loop and then solved the Penta Nurikabe (it and the Tapa were excellent). Triangle Count- probably missed a set of 6. I started the Oasis but hit a wall, started the Doppelblock but hit a wall, started the Star Battle but hit a wall...

Penominous fell quickly and then I thought I was making good progress on the Skyscrapers before breaking it late and being unable to fix it, then I took down the Winner's Circle. Was able to fix the Oasis and work through the Star Battle afterwards, but no luck on the Skyscrapers.

I was hoping to also get through the Compass Yajilin and give the Odd-Angle Sudoku a shot, as well as the Doppelblock, but even with the extra 10 minutes I wouldn't have made it through them as my focus was on fixing the Skyscrapers, even starting over. Though I might have had a shot at my goal at that point. I guess I need more practice? I had fun solving, in any case. We'll see where I placed overall, if I'm somehow in the top half I'll be happy enough.

Also, more puzzles coming after We Are Puzzlers Club part 2 finishes on Logic Masters India. I have a couple puzzles in there that I've been holding onto for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment