Friday, July 3, 2020

Puzzle #150 - Discord Request (Hybrid Loop)

This is the last time I ask the Puzzlers Club Discord for ideas of what to make... I got some very silly prompts (penalty Heyawake with a 150 clue, for one) and a couple ideas that I really liked for this milestone, such as a 15x10 grid and placing a 150 within it with 1 5 0 clues. TheGreatEscaper also suggested a hybrid puzzle, and so I made this. It's... probably the hardest puzzle I've made yet, again. And it was also probably the hardest puzzle for me to make that I've made thus far, too.
Rules: Draw a loop that travels through all cells. In each numbered room, at least one of the following three conditions must be met:
Detour: The number indicates exactly how many times the loop must turn in its room.
Haisu Loop: The number indicates exactly how many times the loop enters its room.
Maxi Loop: The number indicates the exact length of the longest visit in its room.

Any coloring in the penpa interface is for theme highlighting only. Thanks to TGE for testsolving this, especially identifying 3 different points in the intended path which were broken. Fortunately, all of them ended up being fixable without compromising the path.

No comments:

Post a Comment