Sunday, July 26, 2020

Puzzle #159 - Dark Type (Light and Shadow)

The Typed Logic puzzle competition on LMI just ended, and I contributed 5 puzzles to the set, representing Fighting, Poison, Ground, Dragon and Dark types.

Nobody on the constructing team seemed to have much idea what to do with Light and Shadow, myself included. So I decided to just try to make a fairly sparsely clued puzzle, and ended up hitting on an interesting consequence of the rules while toying with given placements that I subsequently built the puzzle around. This one was worth 50 points on the test.

Thus concludes my contributions to Typed Logic. If you haven't already checked out the rest of the puzzles, I highly recommend them! The Stostone, Skyscrapers, Yajisan-Kazusan and Icebarn are especially well done, but I greatly enjoyed sitting down and giving the full booklet a testsolve once it was ready.

Stay tuned, because I also recently finished constructing puzzles for a contest of my own...

No comments:

Post a Comment