Monday, February 7, 2022

Puzzles #401 & #402 - Unspoken Rules (TomTom)

One of the things I like to do with my puzzles sometimes is question a convention that most, or all puzzles in the genre have. Early on, I made a LITS with internal borders and thought nothing of it until people started discussing if it was a variant or not. Then early on this blog, there are the Moon or Sun puzzles that allow passing through all 0 of a symbol in a region. Now, here's a TomTom that uses negative given values, which is something I don't think I've seen before.

I tried making this between two other TomToms on request for GMP, actually- the first draft was broken (I missed that 3-3-2-1 = -3 as a possibility) because the idea crossed my mind. However, the other two were actually accepted for future use, and I'm really pleased with what I made for the one posted a couple weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment