Thursday, September 19, 2024

Puzzles #660 & #661 - More 24HPC Shading (Light and Shadow, Aquarium)

I also contributed several puzzles to the Puzzlers Club rounds at the 2024 24 Hour Puzzle Championship this year. We authored two rounds, each with 24 puzzles. The first round had one puzzle themed on each Greek letter, while the second round was a double zodiac (signs and animals).

I made my now-standard Light and Shadow for Lambda, after some research into what lambda was usually used to represent. Turns out it's often used for light, which provided justification for the genre pick. This one ended up being worth 60 points, which I think is pretty fair for the size. I remember being quite happy that the underside of the lambda was all question marks, which always provide some fun reachability options.

I also made an Aquarium for Rho with only row clues. Because I thought it would be funny. I did put some consideration into what genre with row/column clues would be a good pick, but nothing else seemed quite as promising. This puzzle tested pretty breezily at only 20 points, which is about what I was aiming for.

No comments:

Post a Comment