Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Puzzles #590 & #591 - Clearing House (Isowatari & Leg Day)

Alright. It's been too long. I had a decent backlog of puzzles before going to WPC... three months ago. I was going to post them when I got back, but then I got distracted with catching up on things I missed, and finishing other things I had been in the middle of (like clearing every Touhou game on lunatic). And then when I finished that, suddenly work (on Islands of Insight) picked up like crazy, and then I was going to catch up over the holidays, last month. Except I took that time to relax and recharge for an even crazier two weeks. And now it's halfway through my vacation time from last year and I'm only just getting around to posting my backlog. Oof.

But, I am at least getting around to it! So let's start with the puzzles I've made since my last post, that have already been published elsewhere. First, an Isowatari I made to celebrate the genre being added to Kudamono and puzsq. I don't really use puzsq very often and had never actually published a puzzle there before - and now I have.

The other puzzle today is a variant Leg Day, made after Dave Millar introduced a weird ruleset and theme, and I had the very silly idea to do it with an octopus, to have more legs. The puzzle is pretty nice, though nothing like the rest of the linked pack. Rules are in the link and the linked pack - the short version is to draw 8 equal length paths using all cells, starting from the center, passing through no walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment