Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Puzzles #601 & #602 - Fossil Field (Stostone)

Before WPC 2023, I ran a Puzzle Getchu!, a contest themed on Ape Escape. I had intended to queue these puzzles for posting before WPC, but didn't have the time. Better late than never!

The first level is Fossil Field, and for that I went with Stostone, making the connection between fossils being found in the ground, and the ground being made of rock, or stone. The example was actually a bit less of a struggle to make than the contest puzzle - this layout just kind of worked out perfectly on the first try.

The 5 point contest puzzle is also 6x6, with a bit of bite to set the tone. I started with the two F shaped regions, and found that with the right arrangement for the rest of the regions, I could clue the puzzle with just a 3 and a 4. Fossil Field requires 3 out of 4 monkeys to complete - this is far from the only bit of extra theming I managed to fit in here.

No comments:

Post a Comment