Thursday, May 30, 2019

Puzzle #25 - The Sky's the Limit (Celestial Road)

For the 25th puzzle milestone on my blog, here's my entry for Puzzler's Club Logic Showcase #3, which required combining 2 loop genres to make a new one. Naturally, I mashed up Moon or Sun and Country Road to devise Celestial Road. This puzzle placed 6th of 10 in a very strong field and I'm very pleased with how it turned out. I actually constructed this puzzle before any of puzzles #20-#24, and decided to build easier puzzles of the types to ease into this one.
This is easily the hardest puzzle on the blog thus far. Most regions are sparsely clued, but there's just enough information to force one singular path between the symbol alternation and unused cell adjacency rules. If I had to give it a difficulty rating, probably 7 or 8 out of 10.

Next post will probably be a compilation of all puzzles posted so far, with solutions and possibly walkthroughs. Depends on if I can figure out how to make a good pdf.

No comments:

Post a Comment