Thursday, May 23, 2019

Puzzles #17 & #18 - Prime Time (Kurotto, Fillomino)

The two puzzles in this post were constructed for entry in Puzzler's Club Logic Showcase #2, which required a puzzle with only number clues, and only the numbers 2, 3, 5 and 7 were allowed. Each of those numbers had to appear at least once. First I tried to make a Kurotto puzzle, but this was enied due to the empty circles. I'm not the biggest fan of how I made it unique but I like the theme.

After it was denied, I constructed a Fillomino puzzle, which placed third. Solving it shouldn't be too hard, but demonstrating that it's unique is much more interesting and it uses some novel deductions rarely seen in the type.
I'm up to 24 puzzles for the blog, with 2 more planned to build up to puzzle 25. I think I'll try to make every 25th puzzle a bigger or more involved one. As always, enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment