Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Puzzles #332 - #335 - Small Packages (Variety)

With the results for Logic Showcase 22 out (I did not do well and I have literally no idea why), I can finally share my entries for it. First up is a chimera I've wanted to make for a long time, Tapa and Tapa-Like Loop! For a while I wasn't sure if it was going to be possible to make one of these on a 6x6 grid that wasn't trivial, but I managed to find this arrangement using a couple question marks to bridge the gaps. I'm honestly shocked that this didn't do better, I think it was one of the best puzzles entered in the showcase since an interesting chimera on both sides is tough enough without the size restriction.

I also made a standard Minarism with a nice flow and visual theme. It's nothing too special, but there's nothing wrong with simple, elegant designs.

Lastly, I made a last minute Pentominous with some tricky bits to pin down, themed on the word UNITY. The Tapa chimera was definitely my favorite of the entries yet all three of these received the same amount of votes.

No comments:

Post a Comment