Saturday, October 22, 2022

Puzzles #473 & #474 - Live Puzzle Creations (Yajilin, Kurotto)

I made a few puzzles live in a Discord call with some friends to show my process a little bit. First I made a Yajilin (this was between finishing making Yajilin Yacht and the contest starting) to show how I could make 21 puzzles + rejects in 2 weeks reasonably, without sacrificing quality. I went for a flowy puzzle and ended up just adjusting to 10x11 to make it work nicely.

A month or so later I made a Kurotto under similar circumstances. The theme I wanted to go for fought me so hard on the right side but I did eventually come up with something close to what I wanted that solved well. This puzzle was also made using network play, so I lacked undo tools - nice to prove to myself that I can, but I still prefer having undo to more easily search the possibility space for what I ultimately want to go with.

No comments:

Post a Comment