Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Puzzles #445 - 448 - IPC 2022 Round 1 (Sashigane, Kurodoko)

I was fortunate enough to be offered the opportunity to contribute to and testsolve for the 2022 Indian Puzzle Championship. The first round was for puzzle types that appeared in the years Puzzle Ramayan series, and I made a Sashigane and a Kurodoko worth 20 and 40 points, respectively.

Wait, hang on, that was the first attempt at a fairly easy Sashigane. It didn't resolve super nicely so I tried again.

Nope, that wasn't it either. Though I'm mostly happy with the symmetric theme and lack of numbers, it's not really a competition puzzle, you know? Glad I made it, but I had to try again.

There we go. An 8 clue, one per row and column Sashigane. Pretty sparsely clued for the type and some neat logical steps along the way resulted in a puzzle I'm really happy with as a low point contest puzzle.

As for the Kurodoko, my first attempt at making a puzzle I liked was a puzzle I liked. I've always had a particular affinity for these two genres and was glad to get the chance to make these.

No comments:

Post a Comment