Sunday, June 27, 2021

Hexagony Aqre

Aqre is a puzzle type created by Eric Fox, my co-constructor for Hexagony. I find the type very challenging to both make and solve, as though the "no four in a row" and "all black cells are connected" rules have so much cool potential, I've always felt like room numbers aren't the best way to use that base. I'm please to say that these two puzzles have partially changed my mind. I still think other clue types can handle the rule better, but these show that the room numbers can be used to great effect. The hexagonal puzzle in particular is by far my favorite Aqre I've ever solved- I really do think that the extra dimension makes it work that much better. Though I can only imagine how tough getting that construction to work was...

No comments:

Post a Comment