Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Puzzle #355 - Hexagony Akari

I only have one Akari puzzle to post today, as I re-used the example from Puzzle Zodiac for use in Hexagony. I'm very happy with how this one turned out, I think it uses the hexagonal grid very well. All of the puzzle types selected for Hexagony were picked for their rules being able to immediately translate to other grid shapes, and also solving somewhat differently. Most of the hexagonal grids were constructed first as they would be the harder ones to get working satisfactorily, so I was quite surprised when my initial spiral idea just worked. Akari was placed as the second type on the contest as I felt having the difficulty across both puzzles of a type ramp up throughout the contest, except the thematic first and last choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment