Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Puzzles #363 & #364 - Odd Ones Out (Hexagony Caves)

I seem to have a knack for making interesting Cave puzzles, so when it came time to pick genres for Hexagony, it was at the top of my list for types I wanted to make.
These two puzzles are themed together, both nicknamed "Odd One Out" for a couple reasons. First and most obvious is that each puzzle is shaped (roughly) like the cell shape of the other grid, something I really wanted to do. The second reason is that each puzzle has a single clue that's off-theme, that being the 8 (not divisible by 3) and 9 (not divisible by 2) in each puzzle, respectively. As an added bonus, the "wrong" clue would fit perfectly in the other puzzle, and the hexagonal grid has the extra clue be off-symmetry. I really like how both of these turned out, giving both an easy and a hard puzzle!

No comments:

Post a Comment