Monday, February 12, 2024

Puzzles #626, #627 & #628 - Wabi Sabi Walls

Before WPC 2023, I ran a Puzzle Getchu!, a contest themed on Ape Escape. I had intended to queue these puzzles for posting before WPC, but didn't have the time. Better late than never!

The fourteenth level in the game is Wabi Sabi Wall, a bit of a notorious level for newcomers to the speedrun due to having lots of tough jumps over bottomless pits. Because of that, I knew I didn't want this puzzle to be too easy. I promise there's a good reason why I didn't use Castle Wall for this and instead went with Inaba's Walls. Walls is a genre is something I'm quite prone to making silly mistakes while solving, and so my first attempt - shown at the end of this post - just didn't feel right. Not enough trust in myself to set things up for later. The second attempt was much better and ended up being worth 15 points.

The example, on the other hand, was quite painful to make. It turns out a much less dense clue layout can make some areas really hard to clue effectively, who would have guessed?



No comments:

Post a Comment