Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Puzzles #629 & #630 - Crumbling Castle (Castle Wall)

Before WPC 2023, I ran a Puzzle Getchu!, a contest themed on Ape Escape. I had intended to queue these puzzles for posting before WPC, but didn't have the time. Better late than never!

This. This is why I saved Castle Wall for the fifteenth slot, Crumbling Castle. This level is notable for being the first boss level, and also being the second largest level in the entire game. I had actually already made a decently large Castle Wall that I hadn't published, and when I decided I was making this contest, I realized that this puzzle would be a perfect fit. The example took a bit of effort to build something showcasing everything that might show up in the 15 point contest puzzle, even though I knew it was a no gray, fully clued puzzle.


The thing I really like about this one is that it's a great showcase of contest points being calibrated to expected time, not strictly difficulty.

No comments:

Post a Comment