Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Puzzle #258 - Crosswind (Crossing Nagare)

How many times has the first puzzle of a genre I've posted been a variant of that puzzle? I actually don't know. Anyway, here's a Nagare puzzle where the loop is allowed to cross. Note that crossing through the "wind" would not be allowed, as one of the crossing lines would not be pushed, and that crossing on a black arrow would also not be allowed, as it would then be exited in a direction other than where it's pointing.

puzz.link interface      penpa interface

I think this variant is a bit more interesting than the standard type, though it does lose some neat directionality arguments from the fact that the loop can cross. In a standard Nagare, the two adjacent down arrows would be an instant contradiction!

Update: the original puzzle had 2 solutions, this has since been fixed.

3 comments:

  1. You might want to clarify whether the loop can cross on a black arrow, since both answers are reasonable generalizations of the base rules. But even assuming it can't, I think there are multiple ways to complete the lower-right quadrant?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're correct that there were multiple solutions- I missed a way that the loop could cross. I've since fixed this, thanks for letting me know!

      Delete
  2. Tricky one, but lots of fun to figure out!

    ReplyDelete