Friday, December 18, 2020

Puzzle #268 - The Empty Space Above (Castle Wall/Yajilin)

Stop me if you've heard this one before: a puzzle constructor decides that Castle Wall should be combined with another puzzle type where you draw a loop that can't pass through clue cells that contain a number and arrow, also known as Yajilin. You might have heard of it.

However, I don't think I've seen the types combined in this way before- all clues are Castle Wall clues, and the loop must follow Yajilin rules where unused cells can't be adjacent. Note that unused/shaded cells are not counted as black walls, and so can be both inside or outside the loop. I was a bit surprised that this much empty space could be specified under these rules, and pleasantly so. I came very close several times before finding this arrangement which also solves well.

puzz.link interface

No comments:

Post a Comment