Sunday, December 13, 2020

Puzzle #263 - Clumps of Clay (Kurotto Stostone)

This was one of the variant ideas that I wasn't sure if it was going to work very well or not. It turns out that a Kurotto puzzle that has the added requirement that the shaded cells form a valid Stostone solution (without given regions) is actually incredibly fascinating. There are so many subtle bits of feedback between the two types that I found quite satisfying to uncover during construction. I hope you enjoy finding them too!
Yeah, I know that's two Kurotto puzzles during this variant series. What can I say, the type can be tweaked in some really fun ways without much difficulty.

Errata: R7C2 has been changed from a 7 to a 5- I missed a possible connection from making both of those numbers the same, originally, and the puzzle had two solutions.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic puzzle, my favourite out of the ones from the hybrid series that I've solved thus far. You're absolutely correct that the interactions between the two types are extremely interesting. A tough solve for me, but every step of it was awesome fun. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete