Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Puzzles #218, #219 & #220 - Gemini (Double Chocolate)

One of the easiest genre picks for the Puzzle Zodiac was Gemini. Double Chocolate literally has double in the name! I tried to keep a balance of different types of puzzle in the contest, and region division ended up filled first due to another obvious choice later on.

I themed the example puzzle on the fact that it's an example. Probably overclued, but I wanted to make sure that it showcased a reflection to make it clear that those are allowed.

Puzzle 5 on the test, worth 30 points, and themed on the Gemini sign. It took me longer to settle on a shaded cell pattern for this grid than it did to make the rest of the puzzle- I've always been partial to different kinds of symmetry for shaded cells and numbers in this type, as it can result in some wildly varied kinds of deductions.

Puzzle 6 on the test, worth a whopping 80 points, and themed vaguely on a chocolate wrapper. This is one of those grids where a couple things just kind of worked out, in large part due to the logical theming. But still, those corners gave me a ton of trouble and I kept running into endings that were impossible to satisfy at all when constructing this.

Make sure to check back tomorrow for the Foursights- they won't show up on puzz.link/db, which is where I know most of my traffic comes from :P

No comments:

Post a Comment