Thursday, October 29, 2020

Puzzles #243, #244 & #245 - Aquarius (Aquarium)

Aquarius was the actual easiest pick for a Puzzle Zodiac type- it had to be Aquarium. I briefly toyed with Ripple Effect but it really did have to be Aquarium.

Like with the Double Chocolate, I themed the example on the fact that it is an example, and made sure to show that water level did not have to be consistent across a room, if there were no walls in between. It might or might not be the standard for the genre- I don't actually know, I just know that it's what I'm familiar with.
Puzzle 21 on the test, worth 20 points, and themed on the Aquarius sign. I attempted to make a 9x9 with the sign as two solid regions without much success in making an interesting puzzle, and so I dropped down to 7x7 with a bunch of 1x1 regions. I think that there's one key step required here that's a bit less obvious.

Puzzle 22 on the test, worth 30 points, and LMI themed. I... actually made this before I checked that LMI would be willing to host the contest, so it's a good thing that they were!

No comments:

Post a Comment