Monday, October 26, 2020

Puzzles #234, #235 & #236 - Scorpio (Cave)

If you couldn't tell by now Cave is one of my favorite types, and it fit well with Scorpio for the Puzzle Zodiac. I apparently have a bit of a knack for constructing these, as I provided one for the Typed Logic contest as well as a couple I can't share yet for other sources.

Originally, I tried to have 8 unique numbers for the example puzzle, but after tinkering with it a bit I settled on this arrangement. A pretty open solve, again to introduce the genre.
Puzzle 15 on the test, worth 20 points, themed on the Scorpio sign and with only odd numbers. Cave is such a flexible type with its visual and logical theming available- I found this one tricky and was leaning towards 30 points until it was testsolved in under a minute. It's still probably the hardest 20 pointer on the test, however.
Puzzle 16 on the test, worth 50 points, and themed in the logical path. This construction was some good practice in specifically trying to force things to happen a certain way. I'm quite pleased with how this turned out as I ran into a lot of problems trying to keep the givens arranged in a way that would facilitate what I was looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment