Friday, October 30, 2020

Puzzles #246, #247 & #248 - Pisces (Anglers)

Pisces is literally a fish. Anglers is literally a type that has fish in it. What other choice could I reasonably make for the Puzzle Zodiac? All three of these were quite interesting to make, though I'm not convinced the type has all that much potential. Or maybe I just don't know how to tap it?
Oddly, the example puzzle turned out to be the hardest one to make. I'm not sure how much of that is because of my chosen layout, though.
Puzzle 23 on the test, worth 20 points, themed on the Pisces sign. Having 5 and 8 on two sides, and 6 and 9 on the other two sides just kind of happened as I was constructing this one. 12 fish on a 9x9 grid is surprisingly dense!
Puzzle 24 on the test, worth 30 points, and themed with pairs of each clue. The benefit of cluing this way is that I didn't have to worry about parity, but the downside was that it was tough to specify uniquely while maintaining the theme. Somehow 19 ended up working well!

No comments:

Post a Comment