Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Puzzles #240, #241 & #242 - Capricorn (Icelom)

I really wanted to include a crossing genre in the Puzzle Zodiac test, and Icelom was the first one I hit on a good idea for as it doesn't require all ice cells to be visited. I matched it to Capricorn on looking up what sign is allegedly associated with ice, and that's what came up as the answer.
The example puzzle I used- again, playing with different symmetries. Most puzzles of this type don't put numbers on ice cells, but as with LITS and internal borders I had no such preconception and thought it could make for some nice puzzles.

Puzzle 19 on the test, worth 20 points, themed on the Capricorn sign. As with the other less abstract symbols I focused on finding the right aesthetic balance first, and then made a puzzle on top of it. I wasn't great at topological deductions when I made this puzzle so it's fairly simple to solve. It still has a smooth path and I knew having some easier puzzles on the test was a good thing.
Puzzle 20 on the test, worth 40 points, and themed logically again. I don't have many comments on this particular puzzle, other than that it's laid out in a very specific way to have a very specific deduction involved, that's well worth finding.

No comments:

Post a Comment