Sunday, July 9, 2023

Puzzles #530, #531 & #532 - So Many Bees Part 8

For secret solver last year, I was assigned to write a puzzle for dylanamite. I did not write a puzzle, I wrote a 26 puzzle set that I'll be posting the full PDF for tomorrow. When Jamie signed Dylan up (Dylan would have anyway) he did so with the comment "please send me so many bees". And so, I sent so, so, so many bees.

Just so many bees.

X Sums with Bees
Standard X Sums apply, except the number range is 0-5 instead of 1-6. Adding a 0 to the range always changes how a latin square puzzle feels a lot in interesting ways, I'm surprised I hadn't seen this done before. Though naturally, in the pack it was described as 1-5 and a bee, because bees. And bees outside the puzzle that do nothing, because bees.
Yajisan Kazusan
Standard Yajisan-Kazusan rules apply. This was actually the first puzzle I made for So Many Bees, and I really tried to make one that Jamie would be happy with. Not only do I think I succeeded, I know I did. Now the only question here is, is this a variant puzzle?

Zigzag
Standard Password Path rules apply. Puzzle types beginning with Z are rare, so I went with one final alternate name to get it right. The background color here was deliberately chosen to be the exact shade of the "Kappa" emote in Puzzlers Club. Why? Because Jamie suggested puce and no one else had a better idea, so that's what it is. This was also the only puzzle from my first drafts that needed to be revised for non-uniqueness - trying to make this one hard was quite hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment