Saturday, July 15, 2023

Puzzles #542 - #547 - IPC 2023 Round 3 (Double Choco)

I was lucky enough to be given the opportunity to construct puzzles for the Indian Puzzle Championship this year. Before getting into some of the puzzles I prepared, you can acquire the full set of puzzles at the link above. The IPC (and LMI, a phenomenal puzzling site) operate at a loss, so if you want to throw some support their way it would definitely be appreciated.

This year, round 3 had a wild structure: thirty-six small puzzles, 6 each of 6 types, and 6 giant/large puzzles. It was not intended to be finishable and even my testsolve times of the entire round would come in a bit over the 1 hour time limit, without accounting for my 6th. Insanity. Anyway I made a bunch of small Double Choco puzzles and don't really have comments on them individually. Puzzle links first, images after unlike my usual order.


The first two puzzles here led off the round with the classic "IPC" "2 23". From there, using only 2s and 3s just kind of happened - one antisymmetric puzzle that took a very long time to find, a numberless, and two that mostly focused on a clean chocolate layout. I made a couple more of these, but that's what tomorrow is for. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment