Friday, July 7, 2023

Puzzles #524, #525 & #526 - So Many Bees Part 6

For secret solver last year, I was assigned to write a puzzle for dylanamite. I did not write a puzzle, I wrote a 26 puzzle set that I'll be posting over the next 3 days, ending on the 10th with the full PDF that was sent. When Jamie signed Dylan up (Dylan would have anyway) he did so with the comment "please send me so many bees". And so, I sent so, so, so many bees.


Just so many bees.

Ququ
Standard Ququ rules apply. I... don't like this type and it's only notable for beginning with a Q. And the fact that in the puzzle pack, this puzzle was completely blocked by a picture of a bee and the link needed to be found elsewhere.

Star Battle Builder
Standard Star Battle rules apply. Additionally, some region borders are obscured by bees, but the star placements can still be determined.
While constructing this puzzle I ran into an issue with the end and not being able to uniquely determine regions. I decided that this was okay as the gimmick was some regions were obscured, not that the regions needed to be found. However, if that's unsatisfying to you I've included a version with a few extra borders that does result in unique regions. Also, the presentation in the pack involved covering the center and outside edges with bees. Because, as we all know, it was funny.

Tentaisho
Standard Spiral Galaxies rules apply. Another genre with a common rename, and another one with no bees in it? The only notable thing I did here was a custom win message in the penpa, specifically "Test Solution Bees Ignore". I don't know who's on that hunt team, but it's a great name, hope you guys don't mind referencing it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment